- Police in Wichita, Kansas, arrested a 22-year-old man at an airport resort after he tried to move two $16 payments.
- A person in Johannesburg South Africa, shot his 49-year-old good friend within the face, severely wounding him, whereas the 2 practiced taking pictures beer cans off one another’s head.
- An organization making an attempt to proceed its five-year good security report confirmed its staff a movie aimed toward encouraging the usage of security goggles on the job. In accordance with Industrial Equipment Information, the movie’s depiction of gory industrial accidents was so graphic that twenty-five staff suffered minor accidents of their rush to go away the screening room. 13 others fainted, and one man required seven stitches after he minimize his head falling off a chair whereas watching the movie.
- The Chico, California, Metropolis Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, setting a $500 effective for anybody detonating one inside metropolis limits.
- A bus carrying 5 passengers was hit by a automobile in St. Louis, however by the point police arrived on the scene, fourteen pedestrians had boarded the bus and had begun to complain of whiplash accidents and again ache.
- A convict broke out of jail in Washington DC, then a number of days later he accompanied his girlfriend to her trial for theft. At lunch, he went out for a sandwich. She wanted to see him, and thus had him paged. Cops acknowledged his identify and arrested him as he returned to the courthouse in a automobile he had stolen over the lunch hour.
- Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect by putting a metallic colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message “He is mendacity” was positioned within the copier, and police pressed the copy button every time they thought the suspect wasn’t telling the reality. Believing the “lie detector” was working, the suspect confessed.
- When two service station attendants in Ionia, Michigan, refused handy over the money to an intoxicated robber, the person threatened to name the police. They nonetheless refused, so the robber referred to as the police and was arrested.
- A Los Angeles man who later mentioned he was “bored with strolling,” stole a steam-roller and led police on a 5 mph chase till an officer stepped aboard and introduced the car to a cease.
“Folks suppose it have to be enjoyable to be an excellent genius, however they do not notice how arduous it’s to place up with all of the idiots on this planet.”
― Bill Watterson