Skip to content
The World’s Most Widespread Misconceptions
Hugely popular misconceptions that have no basis in truth
- Albert Einstein did not fail in mathematics. As he said: “I never failed in mathematics… Before I was fifteen I had mastered differential and integral calculus.”
- Napoleon was actually taller than the average Frenchman of his time.
- Alcohol doesn’t rise body temperature.
- It is not necessary to wait 24 hours before filing a missing person’s report.
- Seasons are not caused by the change of distance between Earth and Sun. The real reason is the Earth’s axial tilt.
- When Olde English Was Spoken People Did Not Use “Ye” Instead of “The”.
- Electricity was well known before Benjamin Franklin.
- Meteorites are rarely hot when impacting Earth’s surface.
- There are very few man made objects visible from Space and the Chinese Great Wall is non of them. According to the Apollo astronauts they weren’t able to see any man made object on Earth from Moon.
- Bulls are not enraged by the color red. They charge at the matador because they feel themselves threatened.
- Goldfish can remember things happened months before.
- Houseflies can live more than 24 hours. On average they live 20-30 days.
- Shaving does not make hair grow back faster and thicker. The hair only becomes wider and feels coarser.
- Waking sleepwalkers does not harm them.
- The historical Buddha was not obese.
- Horses are not always sleeping while standing up.
- Frankenstein is not the name of the monster in the novel, but that is how his creator was called: Victor Frankenstein.
- Mac OS X and Linux operation systems are not immune to viruses.
You may also like...