You’re more likely to be bitten by Luis Suarez than a shark
Uruguay striker Suarez has bitten two players during his 441-match professional career – before he decided to take a chunk out of Giorgio Chiellini.
That means that Suarez, on average, if you say he faces 14 players per match (11 starters and three subs), bites one in every 2000 players.
Which works out as one bite every 147 matches.
And according to numbers crunched by the New Statesman, it means you’re more likely to be bitten by Suarez than a shark.
Sharks, statistically, bite one in every 3.7million people swimming in the ocean.
You’re also more likely to be bitten by Suarez than experience any of the following:
5. Being stuck by lightening (1/10,000)
4. Dying from a bee or wasp sting (1/75,852
3. Being shot in the US (1/6509)
2. Experience a tsunami while living near coast (1/50,000)
1. Hit by an asteroid (1/700,000)
149 – 0 : Soccer Match Score World Record