Here are a few samples of Metaphors & Analogies seen in actual student papers
1. Her face was a excellent oval, like a circle that will had its two facets
gently compressed by a Leg Master.
2. His ideas tumbled in his head, generating and breaking alliances such as
underpants in a dryer with out Cling Free.
3. He / she spoke with the wisdom which could only come from experience, being a
guy who went window blind because he looked at a sun eclipse without one of
individuals boxes with a pinhole within it and now goes around the country
talking at high schools with regards to the dangers of looking at a sun eclipse
without one of those packing containers with a pinhole in it.
some. She grew on your pet like she was a place of E. coli as well as was
room-temperature Canadian meats.
5. She had a strong, throaty, genuine laugh, that adheres to that sound a dog makes
prior to it throws up.
6th. Her vocabulary was like bad as, like, what ever.
7. He was as taller as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
almost eight. The revelation that his or her marriage of 30 years got disintegrated
because of his wife’s infidelity came as a impolite shock, like a surcharge
at the formerly surcharge-free ATM.
dokuz. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the means a
bowling ball more than likely.
10. McBride fell doze stories, hitting the pavement being a Hefty bag
filled with veggie soup.
11. From the attic room came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an
moon like, surreal quality, like for all those on vacation in another city together with
Jeopardy comes on at 6:00 p.m. rather than 7:30.
12. Your ex hair glistened in the bad weather like a nose hair after the sneeze.
13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, exactly like maggots when you
fry these individuals in hot grease.
fourteen. Long separated by vicious fate, the star-crossed enthusiasts raced across
the grassy field toward each other such as two freight trains, a single having
left Cleveland on 6:36 p.mirielle. traveling at 55 reader board, the other from Topeka
on 4:19 p.mirielle., at a speed of 30 mph.
15. They occupied a typical suburban neighborhood with picketer fences
that resembled Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.
16. Steve and Mary had in no way met. They were like a couple of hummingbirds who
also got never met.
17. He / she fell for her like his or her heart was a mob police informant and she was the
18. Even in his very last years, Grandpappy had a head like a steel trap,
just one single that had been left out so long, completely rusted shut.
19. Photos rang out, as photographs are wont to do.
twenty. The plan was simple, such as my brother-in-law Phil. Nevertheless unlike Phil,
this plan might just work.
21. The younger fighter had a hungry seem, the kind you get from not necessarily
eating for a while.
22. Having been as lame as a sweet. Not the metaphorical useless duck, either,
but an authentic duck that was actually useless. Maybe from stepping on the land
mine or a little something.
23. The ballerina went up by gracefully en pointe together with extended one slender
lower leg behind her, like a doggy at a fire hydrant.
24. ?t had been an American tradition, like dads chasing kids around together with
25. Having been deeply in love. If she spoke, he imagined he heard bells,
almost like she were a junk truck backing up.
26. Your ex eyes were like limpid pools, only they had neglected to put in
any pH cleansing.
27. She walked in to my office like a century with 98 missing lower limbs.
28. It hurt the best way your tongue hurts when you finally accidentally staple it
on the wall