Movie “Back to the Future” made some incredible predictions for what the year 2015 would look like.
Back to the Future Part II
- Hover board: Although several people have attempted creating a hover board, there still isn’t one like the red anti-gravity board Marty uses in the movie to soar the sky. We’ll have to wait for virtual reality consoles to hit the market and see if someone makes a hoverboard simulation game.
- Self-lacing shoes: If these existed, the lives of every child would be so much easier. Actually, the lives of everyone would be much easier. Although self-lacing shoes do not exist yet, they might in a near future. Nikeis reportedly working on self-tying sneakers.
- Stationary exercise bicycles at Cafes: It’d be a bit ridiculous if these existed. Let’s hope that throughout the year 2015 gyms and cafes remain separated.
- Fax machines and phone booths: This is one of the biggest predictions the movie got wrong. In the movie everywhere the protagonist went there would be fax machines. Although they are still used, they are not as prominent as the movie depicted them to be. Phone booths are also seldom. Those two are definitely technology of the past.
- Flying cars: It’d be amazing to have air highways and flying cars, better yet, time traveling cars. However, cars aren’t like the rest of the technology that is rapidly growing and changing. There have been people who’ve invented flying cars, but none that look like the DeLorean DMC-12.