Skip to content
The Simpsons made a bunch of great predictions
- In 1997, The Simpsons had an episode where Lisa showed a magazine with what looked like a terrible event that would happen 4 years later.
- One bully was texting another in The Simpsons to “Beat up Martin” on their Newton, a person assistant made by Apple in the 90s. Instead, it messes up and sent “Eat up Martha”. This was a prediction of the autocorrect problem Apple would later have.
- An episode in 1995 had Lisa talking to Marge through a video chat on her phone. FaceTime was created 15 years later.
- In “Treehouse of Horror XIX” (2008), Homer tries voting for presidential candidate Barack Obama, but the machine switches to John McCain. 4 years later, a machine had been reported to switch the vote from Obama to Mitt Romney.
- After Homer and his family escaped Springfield in “The Simpsons Movie” (which came out in 2007), the NSA started listening in on their conversations. This is eerily close to what Edward Snowden discovered in 2013.
- Marge once read the most depressing book ever to Bart: “Curious George and the Ebola Virus”. All the way back in 1997. Wow.