The Hitchhiker’s Guide – The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy states that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of
lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.
How to make one
– Take the juice from one bottle of Ol’ Janx Spirit.
– Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V (Oh, that Santraginus seawater. Oh, those Santrginus fish!)
– Allow three cubes of Artutan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost)
– Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
– Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones,
subtle, sweet, and mystic.
– Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
– Sprinkle Zamphuor.
– Add an olive.
– Drink … but … very carefully …