- Die, my pricey? Why that is the very last thing I will do!
- Go on, get out! Final phrases are for fools who have not mentioned sufficient!
Karl Marx, requested by his housekeeper what his final phrases have been
- I’ve a terrific headache.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who died of an enormous cerebral hemorrhage
- I might hate to die twice. It is so boring.
- Drink to me!
- I’ve not instructed half of what I noticed.
Marco Polo, Venetian traveller and writer
- For the reason that day of my start, my dying started its stroll. It’s strolling in the direction of me, with out hurrying.
- Dammit… Do not you dare ask God to assist me.
Joan Crawford. This remark was directed in the direction of her housekeeper who started to hope aloud.
- Lord assist my poor soul
Edgar Allan Poe
- Thank God. I am bored with being the funniest particular person within the room.
Del Shut, improvisor, instructor and comic, died 1999
- I’ve tried so exhausting to do proper.
Grover Cleveland, US President, died 1908
- I haven’t got the fervour anymore, and so keep in mind, it is higher to burn out than to fade away. Peace, Love, Empathy. Kurt Cobain.
Kurt Cobain (in his suicide be aware), Lead singer for American grunge band Nirvana, referencing a tune by Neil Younger.
- Consistent with Channel 40’s coverage of bringing you the most recent in blood and guts and in residing shade, you will see one other first — tried suicide.
30-year-old anchorwoman Christine Chubbuck, who, on July 15, 1974, throughout technical difficulties throughout a broadcast, mentioned these phrases on-air earlier than producing a revolver and taking pictures herself within the head. She was pronounced lifeless in hospital fourteen hours later.
- It’s extremely stunning over there.
- Now why did I do this?
Common William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813.
- Don’t be concerned, loosen up!
Rajiv Gandhi, Indian Prime Minister, to his safety employees minutes earlier than being killed by a suicide bomber assault.
- No! I did not come right here to make a speech. I got here right here to die.
Crawford Goldsby, aka Cherokee Invoice, when requested if he had something to say earlier than he was hanged.
- I actually need a therapist’
Christopher Grace, an actor who killed himself throughout a matinee efficiency of Greece
- I do know you have come to kill me. Shoot, you might be solely going to kill a person.
- I am bored with preventing.
- I see black mild.
- LSD, 100 micrograms I.M.
Aldous Huxley To his spouse. She obliged and he was injected twice earlier than his dying.
- Let me go to the Father’s home
Pope John Paul II
- I am tired of all of it.
Winston Churchill, earlier than slipping right into a coma and dying 9 days later.
- I do know not what tomorrow will carry.
Fernando Pessoa, Portuguese poet
- Jesus, I really like you. Jesus, I really like you.
- Do not disturb my circles!
- I hope the exit is joyful and hope by no means to return.
- Pricey World, I’m leaving you as a result of I’m bored. I really feel I’ve lived lengthy sufficient. I’m leaving you together with your worries on this candy cesspool – good luck. (suicide be aware)
George Sanders, Actor
- They could not hit an elephant at this distance.
Common John Sedgwick, Union Commander within the U.S. Civil Warfare, who was hit by sniper hearth a couple of minutes after saying it
- Dying is straightforward, comedy is tough.
George Bernard Shaw
- I am dropping.
- Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius. Will you keep in mind to pay the debt?
- My wallpaper and I are preventing a duel to the dying. One or the opposite of us has to go.