How to win in office meeting’s and ice breakers
1. Talk about “seamless integration”. Doesn’t matter what the context is. Just use those two words together.
2. Say “long term impact” a lot, while looking out the window to make it appear like you’re looking into the future of the company.
3. Talk about taking a step back, looking at the big picture, or the view from 30,000 feet. While leaning back and gesticulating.
4. Ask the presenter to go back a slide, then nod and say it makes sense and ask them to carry on.
5. Get excited, then ask about the “scalability factor” or say “Will it scale?” while squinting your eyes.
6. As soon as it looks like everyone is coming to a consensus, shake your head and say, “But is that the right question to ask?”
7. Use ridiculous acronyms. Talk about “MBP” impact, even if it means “More Biscuits in the Pantry”. Out of fear of looking stupid, no one will ask what MBP means anyway.
8. Talk about how there are “two different issues” that are “at play” even if only one is being discussed.
9. Talk about the thinking of the solution as an object. “Let’s visualise this as a house” often works.
10. If you get caught, just say, “Let’s take that offline.”
Fun and Funny Office Ice Breaker Questions
- If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?
- If you woke up tomorrow as an animal, what animal would you choose to be and why?
- If you could live anywhere on this planet and take everything that you love with you, where would you choose to live? Tell the group about your choice.
- What favorite color are you and how does being that color make you feel?
- If you could choose an imaginary friend, who would you choose and why?
- If you could sit on a bench in a beautiful woods, who would you like sitting next to you on the bench and why?
- Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight, or night? Please share why you picked your time of day?
- If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
- If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
- If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose and why?
- If you were a city, which city would you choose to be and why?
- What are your ten favorite foods?
- If you were a candy bar, which candy bar would you be? Share why.
- If you were to change your name, what name would you adopt going forward? Why?
- Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
- Share a description of your favorite material object that you already own?
- What item that you don’t have already, would you most like to own?
- If you could only choose one vacation destination where would you pick and why?
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be? (Examples: “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we all die.” “Bite off more than you can chew.” ” There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”)
- Pick something out of your pocket or purse and share with the group why it’s important to you.
- If you could meet any living person for a chat over a shared dinner, who would you pick and why?
- If you awoke one day as a flower, what flower would you choose to be?
- If you could choose one hobby that now seems out of your reach either financially or time-wise, what hobby would you take up and why?
- Thinking about the architecture of houses, what type of architecture is the best fit for you? What appeals to you about your choice? (Examples include mission, traditional, colonial, modern, classical, Victorian, gothic, Greek revival, and American craftsman.)