1. A few years in the past, in Scotland, a brand new recreation was invented. It was dominated “Gents Solely…
Women Forbidden” … and thus the phrase GOLF entered into the English language.
2. The primary couple to be proven in mattress collectively on prime time TV had been Fred and Wilma
3. Each day more cash is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
4. Males can learn smaller print higher than girls can; girls can hear higher.
5. Coca-Cola was initially inexperienced.
6. It’s unimaginable to lick your elbow.
7. The State with the very best share of people that stroll to work: Alaska
8. The proportion of Africa that’s wilderness: 28% ( now get this…)
The proportion of North America that’s wilderness: 38%
9. The price of elevating a medium-size canine to the age of 11: $6,400
10. The typical variety of folks airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000
11. Clever folks have extra zinc and copper of their hair.
12. The world’s youngest mother and father had been 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
13. The youngest pope was 11 years outdated.
14. The primary novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
15. The San Francisco Cable vehicles are the one cell Nationwide Monuments.
16. Every king in a deck of enjoying playing cards represents an ideal king from historical past:
Spades – King David
Hearts – Charlemagne
Golf equipment -Alexander, the Nice
Diamonds – Julius Caesar
17. A cute mathematical trick: 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
18. If a statue within the park of an individual on a horse has each entrance legs within the air, the
individual died in battle.
If the horse has one entrance leg within the air the individual died because of wounds
obtained in battle.
If the horse has all 4 legs on the bottom, the individual died of pure causes.
19. Solely two folks signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and
Charles Thomson. A lot of the relaxation signed on August 2, however the final signature wasn’t
added till 5 years later.
20. Half of all People dwell inside 50 miles of what?
21. Most boat homeowners identify their boats. What’s the hottest boat identify requested?
22. For those who had been to spell out numbers, how far would it’s important to go till you’ll discover
the letter “A”?
23. What do bulletproof vests, hearth escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all
have in frequent?
All invented by girls.
24. What’s the solely meals that does not spoil?
25. Which day are there extra gather calls than some other day of the yr?
26. In Shakespeare’s time, mattresses had been secured on mattress frames by ropes. Once you
pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the mattress firmer to sleep on. Therefore
the phrase “goodnight, sleep tight.”
27. It was the accepted follow in Babylon 4,000 years in the past that for a month after the
marriage ceremony, the bride’s father would provide his son-in-law with all of the mead he might
drink. Mead is a honey beer and since their calendar was lunar based mostly, this era
was referred to as the honey month… which we all know right this moment because the honeymoon.
28. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts… So in outdated England, when
clients received unruly, the bartender would yell at them “Thoughts your pints and quarts,
and quiet down. It is the place we get the phrase “thoughts your P’s and Q’s.”
29. A few years in the past in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or
deal with, of their ceramic cups. After they wanted a refill, they used the whistle to
get some service. “Moist your whistle” is the phrase impressed by this follow.
30. At the very least 75% of people that learn it will attempt to lick their elbow.