How to Use Humor to Improve Your Relationships
Humor has long been regarded as one of the most effective tools to evaluate the quality of any relationship. When there is laughter present you can imagine the relationship is a healthy 1. When the laughter ceases you could be quite certain that the relationship will be on the down slide. This specific laughter barometer can be given to any relationship at home, at the job and at play. Laughter shows that you’re having entertaining and fun means that things are going well.. Have a look at the relationships around you. The actual couples laugh a lot along? Has the laughter stopped in certain of your relationships?
Here are not ideas you can use to make certain that laughing out loud remains an ever current reality in your relationships hence ensuring their quality together with endurance. Remember introducing joy to previously humorless romantic relationships might take time but the success will be worth the effort. Start off slowly by working on your individual fun loving, cheery disposition. Frivolity and humor are transmittable so it won’t be long before some others catch the bug.
* Remember that a sense of humor will be learned, not inherited.
* Commit to becoming a humor canine. Look for humor everywhere. Whenever something strikes you amusing enjoy it. Let the laughter stream. After the funny event is long gone recall the idea and enjoy it and laugh again.
* Begin to cultivate an ambiance of humor and laughing out loud in your relationships. Try to appreciate and share humor as often as you possibly can.
* If you don ‘t laugh as much as you used to and want to correct the situation start associating with humorous, fun loving people and avoid the downers.
* Learn to laugh at yourself. If you donnot, you leave the job to others.
* Look for funny items in your newspaper and cut them out and share them. I recall reading the want ads one night and discovered this gem: ” The successful applicant should have 203 years experience.” Obviously the writer meant to say 2 or 3 years experience. I immediately cut it out and placed it in my collection for future use.
* Encourage others to share their humor. Listen and appreciate it when they do. When someone sees that you have enjoyed their humorous contribution they will be eager to continue sharing.
* In my full day humor workshops I always ask the participants to break up into groups and begin sharing the funniest thing that has ever happened to them. The laughter that this simple activity generates is a joy to behold. Try this will your friends sometime.
* Collect cartoons and jokes and put them on display on the fridge or the bulletin board. Make sure to avoid racist, sexist or filthy humor. The is plenty of good clean humor to go around without resorting to these. Remember that there is a difference between dirty and earthy humor. I personally like earthy humor. I don’t appreciate dirty material.
* Watch comedy movies and television programs as often a possible.
* Use humor to neutralize conflict in your relationships. When things get tense use self deprecating humor to lighten things up. I remember one evening having an argument with my wife, Carol. In the heat of the moment she said something totally out of character. She said something hurtful. In my surprise I looked in her and said, ” Carol, when you point out things like that you stoop to my level.” She started to laugh and so did My partner and i. It wasn’t long before points were back to normal.
Good luck on your journey to ST?LLA TILL MED ETT HA Land.