FRITO PIE IN A BAG
2 inexperienced onions
1 pound floor beef
1 30-ounce can chili beans (no meat)
1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and inexperienced chiles
6 1-ounce baggage Fritos(tm)
6 tablespoons bitter cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Serves 6. Takes 20 minutes.
Cube inexperienced onions. Add floor beef to pan. Fry at medium-high warmth for five minutes or till browned. Stir sufficient to make sure even browning. Add chili beans and diced tomatoes and inexperienced chiles. Prepare dinner at medium warmth for five minutes or till completely warmed. Stir sufficient to mix and hold from burning.
Lower out most of 1 facet of every bag or just open the bag on the high. High the Fritos in every bag evenly with pan contents, adopted by bitter cream, after which cheddar cheese. Garnish with inexperienced onions.
1) Frito Pie In a Bag is often known as a “strolling tacos” in America’s Midwest.
2) Tacos, in fact, can not stroll. Can’t. Which means that at one time tacos may stroll.
3) Certainly, for based on culinary archeologists, the massive hard-shell* taco grazed the Indianapolis Gorge in 3,199,978 B.C,. They proved this by unearthing the bones of a younger girl, Mabel, who held a fossilized four-legged Taco.
* = Proof that tacos are supposed to be crunchy.
4) Sadly, this discovery by no means grew to become widespread information, as a result of the Leakys had already found the bones of Lucy. Lucy’s stays are 3,200,000 years previous. Simply 22 years older than Mabel’s, however sufficient to get all of the glory. Now nobody remembers studying about Mabel and her taco.
5) However we do recall Mabel’s taco in a manner, For Mabel’s DNA bought handed down from Midwestern homonids to Neanderthals to Cro Magnons, and at last to Trendy People. Inheriting Mabel’s genes, naturally means present Midwesterners love Strolling Tacos. Now .
Paul De Lancey, Comedian Chef, Ph.D.