Emily VanCamp on Sharon Carter’s Return in ‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’
I talked with Emily VanCamp about reprising Sharon Carter on #TheFalconAndWinterSoldier, how much darker Sharon is on the show, and what she thinks about the identity of the mysterious Power Broker. https://t.co/e6IpD9Ys8C
— Adam B. Vary (@adambvary) April 5, 2021
- Never expected to play Sharon Carter again when she got a call asking her to reprise the role on the Disney+ show.
- Says the movies were too big to fully explore her character and it was more about just trying to fit her in.
- Mentions the backlash to Sharon kissing Captain America, and that one of the best things to come out of that scene was the buddy dynamic between Sam and Bucky.
- Says Sharon is no longer “that wide eyed young agent” and is “a little rough around the edges”.
- When she wasn’t shooting “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” or “The Resident,” she was doing fight training as the show required harder stunts than what she’d done before.
- Can’t say anything about the identity of the Power Broker.
- Thinks Sharon main goal is to be pardoned.