Checklist of “NEW WORDS” continues to develop annually. There are a couple of phrases on this listing who’s origin could be traced again in time and some new ones.
1. BLAMESTORMING : Sitting round in a gaggle, discussing why a deadline
was missed or a undertaking failed, and who was accountable.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER : A supervisor, who flies in, makes a variety of noise,
craps on every part, after which leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS : The method by which some folks appear to soak up success
and development by kissing as much as the boss fairly than working arduous.
4. SALMON DAY : The experience of spending a complete day swimming
upstream solely to get screwed and die in the long run.
5. CUBE FARM : An workplace full of cubicles
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When somebody yells or drops one thing loudly in a
dice farm, and folks’s heads pop up over the partitions to see what’s going
7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired technology’s reply to the sofa
8. SITCOMs : Single Earnings, Two Youngsters, Oppressive Mortgage. What
Yuppies get into once they have kids and considered one of them stops working
to remain residence with the youngsters.
9. STRESS PUPPY : An individual who appears to thrive on being stressed and
10. SWIPEOUT : An ATM or bank card that has been rendered ineffective
as a result of magnetic strip is worn away from in depth use.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one’s
12. IRRITAINMENT : Leisure and media spectacles which might be Annoying
however you end up unable to cease watching them. The J-Lo and Ben
wedding ceremony (or not) was a chief instance – Michael Jackson, one other…
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The effective artwork of whacking the crap out of an
digital machine to get it to work once more.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers starting simply
above the rank and file. Selections that fall from the adminisphere are
usually profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the issues they had been
designed to unravel.
15. 404 : Somebody who’s clueless. >From the World Extensive Net error Message
“404 Not Discovered,” that means that the requested web site couldn’t be situated.
16. GENERICA : Options of the American panorama which might be precisely the
similar regardless of the place one is, reminiscent of quick meals joints, strip malls, and
17. OHNOSECOND : That minuscule fraction of time through which you notice
that you simply’ve simply made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting ship on an
e-mail by mistake)
18. WOOFS : Properly-Off Older Of us.
19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously passing gasoline whereas passing by a Dice Farm.
20. FRIENDILIGENCE — The period of time it takes to keep up good friend requests on social networks reminiscent of MySpace and Fb. “I simply don’t have time for all of this friendiligence!”
21. PREHAB — A program to forestall younger stars from behaving inappropriately. “Seems like Miley Cyrus is the one one who’s been to prehab.”
22. BROMANCE — Mixture of brother and romance used to explain a robust heterosexual relationship between to males. “Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have a terrific bromance.”
23. EARJACKING — Eavesdropping on a dialog. “That man at that desk over there may be earjacking us!”
24. GINORMOUS — Mixture of gigantic and massive. “That sandwich I simply ate was ginormous.”
25. PLAXIDENT — What you name an unintended gun shot wound to the leg in a bar when surrounded by your posse.