A DC airport ticket agent presents some examples of ‘why’ our nation is in hassle!
1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat in order that her hair would not get tousled by being close to the window. (On an airplane!)
2. I acquired a name from a Kansas Congressman’s (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who needed to go to Capetown. I began to elucidate the size of the flight and the passport info, after which he interrupted me with, ”I am not attempting to make you look silly, however Capetown is in Massachusetts .”
With out attempting to make him look silly, I calmly defined, ”Cape Cod is in Massachusetts , Capetown is in Africa ” his response — click on.
3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) referred to as, livid a couple of Florida package deal we did. I requested what was incorrect with the holiday in Orlando . He mentioned he was anticipating an ocean-view room. I attempted to elucidate that is not doable, since Orlando is in the midst of the state.
He replied, ‘do not mislead me, I regarded on the map and Florida is a really skinny state!” (OMG)
4. I acquired a name from a lawmaker’s spouse (Landra Reid) who requested, ”Is it doable to see England from Canada ?”
I mentioned, ”No.”
She mentioned, ”However they give the impression of being so shut on the map.” (OMG, once more!)
5. An aide for a cupboard member (Janet Napolitano) as soon as referred to as and requested if he may hire a automobile in Dallas . I pulled up the reservation and observed he had solely a 1-hour layover in Dallas . After I requested him why he needed to hire a automobile, he mentioned, ”I heard Dallas was an enormous airport, and we are going to want a automobile to drive between gates to save lots of time.” (Aghhhh)
6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) referred to as final week. She wanted to know the way it was doable that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and acquired to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.
I defined that Michigan was an hour forward of Illinois , however she could not perceive he idea of time zones. Lastly, I informed her the aircraft went quick, and she or he purchased that.
7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) referred to as and requested, ”Do airways put your bodily description in your bag in order that they know whose baggage belongs to whom?” I mentioned, ‘No, why do you ask?’ he replied, ”Effectively, once I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my baggage that mentioned (FAT), and I am obese. I feel that is very impolite!”
After placing him on maintain for a minute, whereas I regarded into it. (I used to be dying laughing). I got here again and defined the town code for Fresno , Ca. is (FAT – Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was simply placing a vacation spot tag on his baggage..
8. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) referred to as to inquire a couple of journey package deal to Hawaii . After going over all the price information, she requested, ”Would it not be cheaper to fly to California after which take the practice to Hawaii ?”
9. I simply acquired off the telephone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Brilliant (D) from Ala who requested, ”How do I do know which aircraft to get on?”
I requested him what precisely he meant, to which he replied, "I used to be informed my flight quantity is 823, however none of those planes have numbers on them.”
10. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D) referred to as and mentioned, ”I have to fly to Pepsi-Cola , Florida . Do I’ve to get on a kind of little pc planes?”
I requested if she meant fly to Pensacola , FL on a commuter aircraft. She mentioned, ”Yeah, no matter, smarty!”
11. Mary Landrieu (D) La. Senator referred to as and had a query in regards to the paperwork she wanted as a way to fly to China . After a prolonged dialogue about passports, I reminded her that she wanted a visa. ‘Oh, no I do not. I have been to China many instances and by no means needed to have a kind of.”
I double checked and certain sufficient, her keep required a visa. After I informed her this she mentioned, ”Look, I have been to China 4 instances and each time they’ve accepted my American Specific!”
12. A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) referred to as to make reservations, ”I need to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York .” I used to be confused. Lastly, I mentioned, ”Are you certain that is the title of the city?”
‘Sure, what flights do you could have?” replied the person.
After some looking, I got here again with, ”I am sorry, sir, I’ve regarded up each airport code within the nation and might’t discover a rhino anyplace." ”The person retorted, ”Oh, do not be foolish! Everybody is aware of the place it’s. Test your map!” So I scoured a map of the state of New York and eventually supplied, ”You do not imply Buffalo , do you?”
The reply? ”No matter! I knew it was an enormous animal.”
Now you realize why the Authorities is within the form that it is in!
Might anybody be this DUMB?
YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS, AND THEY CONTINUE TO BREED.