1. Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) was born on and died on days when Halley’s Comet may be seen. Throughout his life he predicted that he would die when it could possibly be seen.
2. US Greenback payments are made out of cotton and linen.
3. The “57” on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the variety of pickle varieties the corporate as soon as had.
4. Individuals are chargeable for about 1/5 of the world’s rubbish yearly. On common, that is 3 kilos a day per individual.
5. Giraffes and rats can last more with out water than camels.
6. Your abdomen produces a brand new layer of mucus each two weeks in order that it does not digest itself.
7. 98% of all murders and rapes are by an in depth member of the family or buddy of the sufferer.
8. A B-25 bomber crashed into the 79th ground of the Empire State Constructing on July 28, 1945.
9. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp (marijuana) paper.
10. The dot over the letter “i” known as a tittle.
11. A raisin dropped in a glass of contemporary champagne will bounce up and down repeatedly from the underside of the glass to the highest.
12. Benjamin Franklin was the fifth in a collection of the youngest son of the youngest son.
13. Triskaidekaphobia means concern of the quantity 13. Paraskevidekatriaphobia means concern of Friday the thirteenth (which happens one to 3 occasions a 12 months). In Italy, 17 is taken into account an unfortunate quantity. In Japan, 4 is taken into account an unfortunate quantity.
14. A feminine ferret will die if it goes into warmth and can’t discover a mate.
15. All of the chemical substances in a human physique mixed are price about 6.25 euro (if offered individually).
16. In historic Rome, when a person testified in courtroom he would swear on his testicles.
17. The ZIP in “ZIP code” means Zoning Enchancment Plan.
18. Coca-Cola contained Coca (whose energetic ingredient is cocaine) from 1885 to 1903.
19. A “2 by 4” is basically 1 1/2 by 3 1/2.
20. It is estimated that at anybody time round 0.7% of the world’s inhabitants is drunk.
21. Every king in a deck of taking part in playing cards represents an excellent king from historical past: Spades = David ; Golf equipment = Alexander the Nice ; Hearts = Charlemagne ; Diamonds = Caesar
22. 40% of McDonald’s earnings come from the gross sales of Joyful Meals.
23. Each individual, together with equivalent twins, has a singular eye and tongue print together with their finger print.
24. The “spot” on the 7-Up emblem comes from its inventor who had purple eyes. He was an albino.
25. 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 dictionary had been misspelled.
26. The “save” icon in Microsoft Workplace applications reveals a floppy disk with the shutter on backwards.
27. Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin each married their first cousins (Elsa Löwenthal and Emma Wedgewood respectively).
28. Camel’s have three eyelids.
29. On common, 12 newborns shall be given to the unsuitable mother and father on daily basis.
30. John Wilkes Sales space’s brother as soon as saved the lifetime of Abraham Lincoln’s son.
31. Warren Beatty and Shirley McLaine are brother and sister.
32. Chocolate can kill canines; it immediately impacts their coronary heart and nervous system.
33. Daniel Boone hated coonskin caps.
34. Enjoying playing cards had been issued to British pilots in WWII. If captured, they could possibly be soaked in water and unfolded to disclose a map for escape.
35. 55.1% of all US prisoners are in jail for drug offenses.
36. Most lipstick comprises fish scales.
37. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s abdomen from beneath, inflicting the shark to blow up.
38. Dr. Seuss pronounced his title “soyce”.
39. Slugs have 4 noses.
40. Ketchup was offered within the 1830s as drugs.
41. The Three Clever Monkeys have names: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Converse no evil).
42. India has a Invoice of Rights for cows.
43. In the event you sneeze too exhausting, you may fracture a rib. In the event you attempt to suppress a sneeze, you may rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. In the event you maintain your eyes open by power, they will come out. (DON’T TRY IT, DUMBASS)
44. Through the California gold rush of 1849, miners despatched their laundry to Honolulu for laundry and urgent. As a result of extraordinarily excessive prices in 25th June 2009, on the age of fifty, His Coronary heart Stopped functioning. The Fixed effort of these 12 docs didn’t work. Even,The mixed efforts of Medical doctors from Los Angeles and California throughout these growth years, it was deemed extra possible to ship their shirts to Hawaii for servicing.
45. American Airways saved $40,000 in 1987 by taking out an olive from First Class salads.
46. About 200,000,000 M&Ms are offered every day in america.
47. As a result of steel was scarce, the Oscars given out throughout World Battle II had been product of wooden.
48. Over a course of about eleven years, the solar’s magnetic poles change locations. This cycle known as “Solarmax”.
49. There are 318,979,564,000 attainable mixtures of the primary 4 strikes in Chess.
50. Higher and decrease case letters are named “higher” and “decrease” as a result of within the time when all authentic print needed to be set in particular person letters, the higher case letters had been saved within the case on prime of the case that saved the decrease case letters.
51. There are not any clocks in Las Vegas playing casinos.
52. The numbers “172” may be discovered on the again of the US 5 greenback invoice, within the bushes on the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
53. Coconuts kill about 150 folks every year. That is greater than sharks.
54. Half of all financial institution robberies happen on a Friday.
55. The title Wendy was made up for the e-book Peter Pan. There was by no means a recorded Wendy earlier than it.
56. The worldwide phone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
57. The primary bomb the Allies dropped on Berlin in WWII killed the one elephant within the Berlin Zoo.
58. The common raindrop falls at 7 miles per hour.
59. It took Leonardo Da Vinci 10 years to color Mona Lisa. He by no means signed or dated the portray. Leonardo and Mona had equivalent bone buildings in keeping with the portray. X-ray photos have proven that there are 3 different variations underneath the unique.
60. In the event you put a drop of liquor on a scorpion, it’s going to immediately go mad and sting itself to loss of life.
61. Bruce Lee was so quick that they needed to sluggish the predictions the movie got wrong. Within the movie down so you might see his strikes.
62. The biggest sum of money you may have with out having change for a greenback is $1.19 (3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies can’t be divided right into a greenback).
63. The primary CD pressed within the US was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born within the USA”.
64. IBM’s motto is “Suppose”. Apple later made their motto “Suppose totally different”.
65. The masks utilized by Michael Myers within the authentic “Halloween” was truly a Captain Kirk masks painted white, because of low price range.
66. The unique title for butterfly was flutterby.
67. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an previous English regulation, which acknowledged that you simply could not beat your spouse with something wider than your thumb.
68. One in fourteen ladies in go to America to develop into millionaire. Then in America is a pure blonde. Just one in sixteen males is.
69. The Olympic was the sister ship of the Titanic, and she or he offered twenty-five years of service.
70. When the Titanic sank, 2228 folks had been on it. Solely 706 survived.
71. In France gave us the Statue of Liberty and an enormous chunk of territory often called the Louisiana Buy. To not point out that America, somebody is recognized with AIDS each 10 minutes. In South Africa, somebody dies because of HIV or AIDS each 10 minutes.
72. Day by day, 7% of the US eats at McDonald’s.
73. The primary product Motorola began to develop was a report participant for vehicles. At the moment, probably the most recognized participant in the marketplace was Victrola, which Motorola obtained their title from.
74. Within the US, about 127 million adults are chubby or overweight; worldwide, 750 million are chubby and 300 million extra are overweight. Within the US, 15% of kids in elementary college are chubby; 20% are worldwide.
75. In Disney’s Fantasia, the Sorcerer to whom Mickey performed an apprentice was named Yensid (Disney spelled backward).
76. Throughout his whole life, Vincent Van Gogh offered precisely one portray, “Crimson Winery at Arles”.
77. By elevating your legs slowly and mendacity in your again, you can’t sink into quicksand.
78. One in ten folks reside on an island.
79. It takes extra energy to eat a bit of celery than the celery has in it to start with.
80. 28% of Africa is classed as wilderness. In North million of that quantity is counterfeit. Which means, the share of counterfeit cash in America, its 38%.
81. Charlie Chaplin as soon as received third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
82. Chewing gum whereas peeling onions will maintain you from crying.
83. Sherlock Holmes NEVER mentioned “Elementary, my expensive Watson”, Humphrey Bogart NEVER mentioned “Play it once more, Sam” in Casablanca, and so they NEVER mentioned “Beam me up, Scotty” on Star Trek.
84. An previous regulation in Bellingham, Washington, made it unlawful for a girl to take greater than 3 steps backwards whereas dancing.
85. Sharon Stone was the primary Star Search spokes mannequin.
86. The sound you right here while you put a seashell subsequent to your ear will not be the ocean, however blood flowing by means of your head.
87. Extra persons are afraid of open areas (kenophobia) than of tight areas (claustrophobia).
88. The glue on Israeli postage is licensed kosher.
89. There’s a 1 in 4 probability that New York can have a white Christmas.
90. The Guinness E-book of Data holds the report for being the e-book most frequently stolen from Public Libraries.
91. Thirty-five p.c of the individuals who use private adverts for relationship are already married.
92. Again within the mid to late ’80s, an IBM suitable laptop wasn’t thought-about 100% suitable except it might run Microsoft’s Flight Simulator.
93. $203,000,000 is spent on barbed wire every year within the U.S.
94. Each US president has worn glasses (simply not all the time in public).
95. Bats all the time flip left when exiting a cave.
96. Jim Henson first coined the phrase “Muppet”. It’s a mixture of “marionette” and “puppet.”
97. The names of all of the continents finish with the identical letter that they begin with (not counting the phrases “North” and “South).
98. The Michelin man is named Mr. Bib. His title was Bibendum within the firm’s first adverts in 1896.
99. About 20% of chicken species have turn into extinct prior to now 200 years, nearly all of them due to human exercise.
100. The phrase “lethologica” describes the state of not with the ability to bear in mind the phrase you need.
101. About 14% of injecting drug customers are HIV optimistic.
102. A phrase or sentence that’s the identical back and front (racecar, kayak) known as a “palindrome”.
103. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
104. Folks photocopying their buttocks are the reason for 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide.
105. China has extra China. I’ll assume she hasn’t spent a whole lot of time with Chinese language non-native English audio system than america.
106. Finnish folklore says that when Santa involves Finland to ship items, he leaves his sleigh behind and rides on a goat named Ukko as an alternative. In response to French custom, Santa Claus has a brother named Bells Nichols, who visits properties on New Yr’s Eve after everyone seems to be asleep, and if a plate is about out for him, he fills it with cookies and muffins.
107. One in each 9000 folks is an albino.
108. The electrical chair was invented by a dentist.
109. You share your birthday with no less than 9 million different folks on this planet.
110. On a regular basis, more cash is printed for Monopoly units than for the U.S. Treasury.
111. Yearly 4 folks within the UK die placing their trousers on.
112. Cats have over 100 vocal sounds; canines solely have about ten.
113. Our eyes are all the time the identical measurement from delivery however our nostril and ears by no means cease rising.
114. In each episode of “Seinfeld” there’s a Superman image or reference someplace.
115. If Barbie had been life-size her measurements could be 39-23-33. She would stand seven toes two inches tall and have a neck twice the size of a standard human’s neck.
116. Rats multiply so shortly that in 18 months, two rats might have over million descendants.
117. Sporting headphones for simply an hour will improve the micro organism in your ear by 700 occasions.
118. Annually in America there are about 300,000 deaths that may be attributed to weight problems.
119. About 55% of all motion pictures are rated R.
120. About 500 motion pictures are made within the US and 800 in India yearly.
121. Arabic numerals should not actually Arabic; they had been created in India.
122. Title 14, Part 1211 of the Code of Federal Rules (applied on July 16, 1969) makes it unlawful for U.S. residents to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their autos.
123. The February of 1865 is the one month in recorded historical past to not have a full moon.
124. The Pentagon in Arlington Virginia has twice as many loos as is critical. When it was constructed within the Nineteen Forties the state of Virginia nonetheless had segregation legal guidelines requiring separate rest room amenities for blacks and whites.
125. There’s truly no hazard in swimming proper after you eat, although it could really feel uncomfortable.
126. The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth II strikes solely six inches for every gallon of diesel that it burns.
127. Greater than 50% of the folks on this planet have by no means made or acquired a phone name.
128. A shark is the one fish that may blink with each eyes.
129. There are about 2 chickens for each human on this planet.
130. The phrase “maverick” got here into use after Samuel Maverick, a Texan refused to model his cattle. Finally any unbranded calf grew to become referred to as a Maverick.
131. Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
132. For each memorial statue with an individual on a horse, if the horse has each entrance legs within the air, the individual died in battle; if the horse has one entrance leg within the air, the individual died of battle wounds; if all 4 of the horse’s legs are on the bottom, the individual died of pure causes.
133. On a Canadian two-dollar invoice, the American flag is flying over the Parliament Constructing.
134. An American urologist purchased Napoleon’s penis for $40,000.
135. No phrase within the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
136. Dreamt is the one English phrase that ends within the letters “MT”.
137. $283,200 is absolutely the highest sum of money you may win on Jeopardy.
138. Almonds are members of the peach household.
139. Rats and horses cannot vomit.
140. The penguin is the one chicken that may’t fly however can swim.
141. There are roughly 100 million acts of sexual activity every day.
142. Winston Churchill was born in a girls room throughout a dance.
143. Maine is the one state whose title is only one syllable.
144. There are solely 4 phrases within the English language that finish in “-dous”: super, horrendous, stupendous, and dangerous.
145. Individuals on common eat 18 acres of pizza on daily basis.
146. Each time you lick a stamp you eat 1/10 of a calorie.
147. “101 Dalmatians” and “Peter Pan” are the one Disney animations during which each of a personality’s mother and father are current and do not die in the course of the film.
148. You usually tend to be killed by a champagne cork than by a toxic spider.
149. Hedenophobic means concern of enjoyment.
150. Historical Egyptian monks would pluck each hair from their our bodies.
151. A crocodile can’t stick its tongue out.
152. Half of all crimes are dedicated by folks underneath the age of 18. 80% of burglaries are dedicated by folks aged 13-21.
153. An ant all the time falls over on its proper facet when intoxicated.
154. All polar bears are left-handed.
155. The catfish has over 27000 style buds (greater than another animal)
156. A cockroach will reside 9 days with out its head earlier than it starves to loss of life.
157. Butterflies style with their toes.
158. Elephants are the one mammals that can’t bounce.
159. An ostrich’s eye is greater than its mind.
160. Starfish haven’t any brains.
161. 11% of the world is left-handed.
162. John Hancock and Charles Thomson had been the one folks to signal the Declaration of independence on July 4th, 1776. The final signature got here 5 years later.
163. Rubber bands last more when refrigerated.
164. Peanuts are one of many substances of dynamite.
165. The nationwide anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
166. There are 293 methods to make change for a greenback.
167. A wholesome (non-colorblind) human eye can distinguish between 500 shades of grey.
168. A pregnant goldfish known as a twit.
169. Lizards can self-amputate their tails for defense. It grows again after a couple of months.
170. Los Angeles’ full title is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”. It may be abbreviated to three.63% of its measurement: L.A.
171. A cat has 32 muscular tissues in every ear.
172. A honeybee can fly at fifteen miles per hour.
173. Tigers have striped pores and skin, not simply striped fur.
174. A “jiffy” is the scientific title for 1/a hundredth of a second.
175. The common youngster acknowledges over 200 firm logos by the point he enters first grade.
176. The youngest pope ever was 11 years previous.
177. The primary novel ever written on a typewriter is Tom Sawyer.
178. One out of each 43 prisoners escapes from jail. 94% are recaptured.
179. The cigarette lighter was invented earlier than the match.
180. The common chocolate bar has 8 bugs’ legs melted into it.
181. A rhinoceros horn is product of compacted hair.
182. The shortest struggle in historical past was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
183. Elwood Edwards did the voice for the AOL sound information (i.e. “You have obtained Mail!”). He’s heard about 27 million occasions a day. The recordings had been performed earlier than Quantum modified its title to AOL and this system was referred to as “Q-Hyperlink.”
184. A polar bears pores and skin is black. Its fur is definitely clear, however like snow it seems white.
185. Elvis had a twin brother named Garon, who died at delivery, which is why Elvis center title was spelled Aron, in honor of his brother.
186. Dueling is authorized in Paraguay so long as each events are registered blood donors.
187. Donkeys kill extra folks than airplane crashes.
188. Shakespeare invented the phrases “assassination” and “bump.”
189. There are 1,000,000 ants for each individual on Earth.
190. In the event you maintain a goldfish at nighttime room, it’s going to ultimately flip white.
191. Ladies blink practically twice as a lot as males.
192. The title Jeep comes from “GP”, the military abbreviation for Normal Goal.
193. Proper handed folks reside, on common, 9 years longer than left handed folks do.
194. There are two bank cards for each individual in america.
195. Cats’ urine glows underneath a black gentle.
196. A “quidnunc” is an individual who is raring to know the most recent information and gossip.
197. The primary US Patent was for manufacturing potassium carbonate (utilized in glass and gunpowder). It was issued to Samuel Hopkins on July 31, 1970.
198. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors, the helicopter, and plenty of different current day gadgets.
199. Within the final 4000 years no new animals have been domesticated.
200. 25% of a human’s bones are in its toes.
201. David Sarnoff acquired the Titanic’s misery sign and saved lots of of passengers. He later grew to become the top of the primary radio community, the Nationwide Broadcasting Firm (NBC).
202. On common, 100 folks choke to loss of life on ballpoint pens yearly.
203. Michael Jordan makes more cash from Nike yearly than each Nike manufacturing facility employee in Malaysia mixed.
204. One of many causes marijuana is unlawful at the moment is as a result of cotton growers within the ’30s lobbied towards hemp farmers (they noticed it as competitors).
205. “Canada” is an Indian phrase which means “Massive Village”.
206. Just one in two billion folks will reside to be 116 or older.
207. In the event you yelled for 8 years 7 months and 6 days, you’d have produced sufficient sound vitality to warmth one cup of espresso. In the event you fart constantly for six years and 9 months, sufficient gasoline is produced to create the vitality of an atomic bomb.
208. Rape is reported each six minutes within the U.S.
209. The human coronary heart creates sufficient stress within the bloodstream to squirt blood 30 toes.
210. A jellyfish is 95% water.
211. Truck driving is probably the most harmful occupation by unintentional deaths (799 in 2001).
212. Banging your head towards a wall makes use of 150 energy an hour.
213. Elephants solely sleep for 2 hours every day.
214. On common folks concern spiders greater than they do loss of life.
215. The strongest muscle within the human physique is the tongue. (the center will not be a muscle)
216. In golf, a ‘Bo Derek’ is a rating of 10.
217. Within the U.S, Frisbees outsell footballs, baseballs and basketballs mixed.
218. In most watch ads the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
219. In the event you plant an apple seed, it’s nearly assured to develop a tree of a special kind of apple.
220. Al Capone’s enterprise card mentioned he was a used furnishings supplier.
221. The one actual individual to be a PEZ head was Betsy Ross.
222. There are about 450 forms of cheese on this planet. 240 come from France.
223. When the College of Nebraska Cornhuskers performs soccer at dwelling the stadium turns into Nebraska’s third largest metropolis.
224. The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Road had been named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “It is a Fantastic Life”.
225. A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
226. In Iceland, a Massive Mac prices $5.50.
227. Broccoli and cauliflower are the one greens which can be flowers.
228. New child infants have about 350 bones. They progressively merge and disappear till there are about 206 by age 5.
229. There isn’t a stable proof of who constructed the Taj Mahal.
230. In a survey of 200000 ostriches over 80 years, not one tried to bury its head within the sand.
231. A dime has 118 ridges across the edge. 1 / 4 has 119.
232. On an American one-dollar invoice there’s a tiny owl within the upper-left-hand nook of the upper-right-hand “1” and a spider hidden within the entrance upper-right-hand nook.
233. Judy Scheindlin (“Choose Judy”) has a $25,000,000 wage, whereas Supreme Courtroom Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has a $190,100 wage.
234. The title for Oz within the Wizard of Oz was thought up when the creator Frank Baum checked out his submitting cupboard and noticed A-N and O-Z.
235. Andorra, a tiny nation on the border between France and Spain, has the longest common lifespan: 83.49 years.
236. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
237. Mr. Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister.
238. In America you will notice a median of 500 ads a day.
239. John Lennon’s first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
240. You’ll be able to lead a cow upstairs however not downstairs.
241. The common individual falls asleep in seven minutes.
242. “The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is alleged to be the hardest tongue tornado in English.
243. There are 336 dimples on a regulation US golf ball. Within the UK its 330.
244. The Toltecs (a seventh century tribe) used wood swords so they would not kill their enemies.
245. “Duff” is the decaying natural matter discovered on a forest ground.
246. The US has extra private computer systems than the subsequent 7 international locations mixed.
247. There have been over 600 lawsuits towards Alexander Grahm Bell over rights to the patent of the phone, probably the most worthwhile patent in U.S. historical past.
248. Kuwait is about 60% male (highest on this planet). Latvia is about 54% feminine (highest on this planet).
249. The Hawaiian alphabet has solely 12 letters.
250. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases extra vitality than all of the world’s nuclear weapons mixed.
251. On the peak of its energy in 400 BC, the Greek metropolis of Sparta had 25,000 residents and 500,000 slaves.
252. Julius Caesar’s autograph is price about $2,000,000.
253. The instrument docs wrap round a affected person’s arm to measure blood stress known as a sphygmomanometer.
254. Folks say “bless you” while you sneeze as a result of your coronary heart stops for a millisecond.
255. US gold cash used to say “In Gold We Belief”.
256. In “Silence of the Lambs”, Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins) by no means blinks.
257. A shrimp’s coronary heart is in its head.
258. Within the seventeenth century, the worth of pi was recognized to 35 decimal locations. As we speak, to 1.2411 trillion.
259. The bestselling books of all time are The Bible (6billion+), Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung (900million+), and The Lord of the Rings (100million+)
260. Pearls soften in vinegar.
261. “Lassie” was performed by a gaggle of male canines; the primary one was named Pal.
262. In 1863, Paul Hubert of Bordeaux, France, was sentenced to life in jail for homicide. After 21 years, it was found that he was convicted of murdering himself.
263. Nepal is the one nation that does not have an oblong flag. Switzerland is the one nation with a sq. flag.
264. Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer are the one angels named within the Bible.
265. Tiger Woods’ actual first title is Eldrick. His father gave him the nickname “Tiger” in honor of a South Vietnamese soldier his father had fought alongside with in the course of the Vietnam Battle.
266. Johnny Appleseed planted apples so that individuals might use apple cider to make alcohol.
267. Abraham Lincoln’s ghost is alleged to hang-out the White Home.
268. God will not be talked about as soon as within the e-book of Esther.
269. The chances of being born male are about 51.2%, in keeping with census.
270. Scotland has extra redheads than another a part of the world.
271. There’s a median of 61,000 folks airborne over the US at any given second.
272. Prince Charles and Prince William by no means journey on the identical airplane in case there’s a crash.
273. The preferred first title on this planet is Muhammad. The commonest title (of any kind) on this planet is Mohammed.
274. The floor of the Earth is about 60% water and 10% ice.
275. For each 230 vehicles which can be made, 1 shall be stolen.
276. Jimmy Carter was the primary U.S. President to be born in a hospital.
277. Lightning strikes the earth about 8 million occasions a day.
278. Round 2,000 left-handed folks die yearly because of improper use of apparatus designed just for proper handed folks.
279. The “if” and “then” components of conditional (“if P then Q”) assertion are referred to as the protasis (P) and apodosis (Q).
280. People use a complete of 72 totally different muscular tissues in speech.
281. In the event you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer, its abdomen will explode.
282. Solely feminine mosquitoes chew.
283. The U.S. Publish Workplace handles 43 p.c of the world’s mail.
284. Most family mud is product of useless pores and skin cells.
285. One in about eight million folks has progeria, a illness that causes folks to develop quicker than they age.
286. The male seahorse carries the eggs till they hatch as an alternative of the feminine.
287. The “countdown” (counting down from 10 for an occasion similar to New-Years Day) was first utilized in a 1929 German silent movie referred to as “Die Frau Im Monde” (The Woman within the Moon).
288. Destructive feelings similar to nervousness and melancholy can weaken your immune system.
289. There are seven suicides within the Bible: Abimelech. Samson, Saul, Saul’s armor-bearer, Ahithophel, Zimri, Judas.
290. A mongoose will not be a goose however extra like a meercat, which isn’t a cat however extra like a prairie canine, which isn’t a canine however extra like a floor squirrel.
291. Stephen Hawking was born precisely 300 years after Galileo died.
292. Mercury is the one planet whose orbit is coplanar with its equator. Venus and Uranus are the one planets that rotate reverse to the course of their orbit.
293. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe died on July 4th. Adams and Jefferson died in the identical 12 months. Supposedly, Adams final phrases had been “Thomas Jefferson survives.”
294. The Child Ruth sweet bar was named after Grover Cleveland’s child daughter, Ruth, not Babe Ruth the baseball participant.
295. Dolphins can look in numerous instructions with every eye. They will sleep with one eye open.
296. The Falkland Isles (pop. about 2000) has over 700000 sheep (350 per individual).
297. There are 41,806 totally different spoken languages on this planet at the moment.
298. Whereas many treaties have been signed at or close to Paris, France (together with many after WWI and WWII), 9 are literally referred to as the “Treaty of Paris”: Seven Years’ Battle (1763), American Revolutionary Battle (1783), French-Swede Battle (1810), France vs Sixth Coalition (1814), Battle of Waterloo (1815), Crimean Battle (1856), Spanish-American Battle (1898), union of Bessarabia and Romania (1920), institution of European Coal and Metal Neighborhood (1951).
299. Robert Todd Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln’s oldest son) was in Washington DC throughout his father’s assassination in addition to throughout President Garfield’s assassination, and he was in Buffalo NY when President McKinley was assassinated.
300. The town of Venice stands on about 120 small islands.
301. The past-tense of the English phrase “dare” is “durst”.
302. Don Mac Lean’s track “American Pie” was written about Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. Richardson (The Massive Bopper), who all died in the identical airplane crash.
303. The drummer for ZZ Prime (the one one with out a beard) is known as Frank Beard.
304. Hummingbirds cannot stroll.
305. When film administrators are not looking for their names to be seen within the credit, they use the pseudonym “Allen Smithee” as an alternative. It has been used over 50 occasions, beginning with “Dying of a Gunfighter” (1969).
306. 4 totally different folks performed the a part of Darth Vader (physique, face, voice, and respiration).
307. Pamela Lee-Anderson was the primary to be born in Canada on the centennial anniversary of Canada’s independence (7/1/1967).
308. There’s about 200 occasions extra gold within the oceans than has been mined all through historical past.
309. William Shatner is credited for being the primary individual on TV to say “hell” in addition to to have the primary inter-racial kiss (with Nichelle Nichols), each in episodes of Star Trek.
310. Whereas the US authorities’s provide of gold is saved at Fort Knox, its provide of silver is saved on the Army Academy at West Level, NY.
311. Alexander Graham Bell’s spouse and mom had been each deaf.
312. Compact discs learn from the within to the skin edge, the reverse of how a report works.
313. Within the historic Greek city-state of Sparta, if a person was not married by age 30, he wouldn’t be allowed to vote or watch athletic occasions involving nude younger males.
314. Attila the Hun (invader of Europe; 406-453), Felix Faure (French President; 1841-1899), Pope Leo VII (936-939), Pope John VII (955-964), Pope Leo VIII (963-965), Pope John XIII (965-72), Pope Paul II (1467-1471), Lord Palmerston (British Prime Minister, 1784-1865), Nelson Rockefeller (US Vice President, 1908-1979), and John Entwistle (The Who’s bassist, 1944-2002) all died whereas having intercourse.
315. People and dolphins are the one animals recognized to have intercourse for pleasure.
316. Pac-Man, Namco’s 1979 arcade recreation, was initially referred to as “Puck Man”. The title was modified after they realized that vandals might simply scratch out a part of the letter “P”.
317. Shakespeare and Cervantes died on the identical day, April 23, 1616.
318. There are about 7.7 million millionaires on this planet (greater than 1/one thousandth of the inhabitants).
319. The youngest mom on report was a Peruvian lady named Lina Medina. She gave delivery to a boy by caesarean part on Might 14, 1939 (which occurred to be Mom’s Day), on the age of 5 years, seven months and 21 days.
320. The “center finger” gesture originates again to 423 BC in Aristophanes play “The Clouds”.
By way of : Yahoo