15 Strangest facts about famous movies
15 strangest facts about famous movies
- In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 40 real squirrels were used, they were trained for 19 weeks in the fine art of nut sorting.
- To enhance the scale of the Space Jockey in Alien, director Ridley Scott filmed his children in miniature space suits.
- In Home Alone Buzz’s girlfriend is actually a boy in a wig, because the director thought the joke would be too cruel for a girl.
- Darth Vader only has 12 minutes of screen time in the original Star Wars.
- In Battleship the aliens never fire first, and when they fire they only do so to disable our offensive potential.
- Qui-Gon Jinn’s communicator in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, is a redecorated Sensor Excel Razor for Women.
- In the scene in Home Alone where Harry bites Kevin’s finger, Joe Pesci actually bit Macaulay Culkin, leaving a scar which he bears to this day.
- If you go to Malta you can visit Sweethaven, also know as Popeye Village, an entire town built for the 1980 live action Popeye movie.
- Sean Connery, who played Indiana Jones’ father, is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.
- There is no music in Castaway the entire time he is stranded on the island. They did this to heighten the feeling of isolation.
- In Kill Bill: Vol. 1 The Bride kills around 100 people. In Kill Bill: Vol. 2 only one.
- The main plot of The Matrix was supposed to use human brains as processors for the machines, not power sources. That’s why Neo could do all those things, he could interact with the code more fully. This also explains why the Matrix gets more unstable the more people are freed.
- The actress who played T1000 imitating Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 is Leslie Hamilton, Linda Hamilton’s real life twin sister.
- The entire plot of Home Alone is set into motion when Kevin gets into a fight with his family over spilled milk.
- The slow motion sound effect you hear in the new Dredd movie was based on a Justin Bieber song that had been slowed down 800 times.