Skip to content
100% true, 100% useless FACTS
- There are more airplanes in the ocean than there are in outer space.
- In 1994, the US Air Force conducted a study on how to make a “gay bomb,” which would be a non-lethal bomb containing strong human sexual pheromones that would distract the enemy forces by making them attracted to each other.
- If you packed the entire human population into ten square meters, you would die.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- Snails can sleep for up to three years.
- There’s an island off the coast of India where the Sentinelese tribe lives—a Stone Age group that still doesn’t know how to make fire and attacks any modern people that land on the island.
- There are around 1,584 people in the United States named “Seven”.
- If two identical twins reproduce with another pair of identical twins, then the children will genetically be both siblings and cousins.
- Killing a panda in China is punishable by death.
- Rainbows that form at night are called “moonbows.”
- McDonalds calls frequent buyers of their food “heavy users.”
- Most people walk the distance of three times around the world in one lifetime.
- POWs in Canadian military camps during WWII were treated so well, that a lot of them didn’t want to leave once the war was over.
- There’s an urban legend that Finland banned Donald Duck comics for “nudity” because Donald doesn’t wear pants.
- The toothpaste brand Colgate™ has trouble selling in certain Latin Spanish-speaking countries since it sounds like “colgáte” or “cuélgate” in certain dialects, translating to hang yourself.
- If you cut off a cockroach’s head, it will survive because it’s brain is located inside its body.
- Every planet in the solar system is named after a god when you take into account the fact that “Gaia” and “Terra” are alternate names for Earth.
- When ATMs were first invented, many people thought they were failures because the only people using them were gamblers and prostitutes who didn’t want to speak with tellers.
- There are enough bones in the human body to make a whole skeleton.
- Every year, cows kill more people than sharks do.
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
You may also like...