– In Victoria Australia, only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a lightbulb.
– In Victoria Australia it is forbidden to wear pink hot pants after mid-day on a Sunday.
– It England, it is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
– It England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
– It England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
– In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
– Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.
– In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.
– In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.
– In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.
– In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.
– In the UK, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
– In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
– The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen – in case she needs the bones for her corset.
– In Oxford, Ohio, USA, it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.
– In Tremonton, Utah, USA, it is illegal for a woman to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance.
– Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
– In Bangladesh it is against the law for schoolchildren to cheat at school exams. Pupils as young as 15 can be imprisoned for this.
– In Romania, in 1935, Mickey Mouse was banned because the authorities thought that the sight of a 10ft high rodent on screen would terrify the nation’s children.
– Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he never wore pants.
– Belgium is the only country that has never imposed censorship on adult films.