- That the UN logo (which is an “azimuthal, equidistant projection” centered on the North Pole) is an actual map of the Earth. Proof: thousands of ships patrol the southern seas to keep people away from the edge (and to keep people from discovering “the truth”). The distance to circumnavigate Antarctica could easily be checked by a Flat Earth expedition though. The UN map would indicate a distance many, many times longer than the actual distance.
- That there is no South Pole — proof: compasses point only toward the North Pole.
- That the oceans are held in by the “ice wall” of the Antarctic. Proof: if you go far enough south, you hit ice. Same is true though if you go far enough north.
- That there is no such thing as gravity (as a rock falls on their heads, making them Flatheads). Either there is some sort of universal acceleration (into what? governed by what?) or some sort of “electrostatic force.”
- The sun is only 3,000 miles away. What keeps it up? Who knows. Same with the moon.
- The sky is a glass dome. Proof: when rockets take off they go straight up and then they curve to avoid hitting the dome.
- NASA was founded by Nazis. Hmm. One of the things Nazis explored was the hollow Earth “theory.” Guess that one didn’t pan out and they went flat. In fact, some former German scientists who worked for/with the Nazis did get recruited into the American space program. Wernher von Braun is one of the more famous ones. That did not mean NASA was founded by Nazis though.
- Crazy airplane theories, failure to understand gravity, great circles, etc. One of my favorites is that if the world were curved, pilots would have to continually adjust the pitch of the plane to put the nose down to avoid hurtling off into space.
- Another great one is wondering why a helicopter can hover and not be hurtled off westward by the spinning Earth or why you can jump up and come down in the same place pretty much and not be swept off to the west, or why Australians don’t fall off the “bottom” of the Earth. Absolute failure to understand gravity and the size of the Earth compared to the size of humans.
There is a Facebook page called “Oh My God Facts”. This page uploaded a video which compared size of planets and moons of our solar system. You can find that video on YouTube too.
Here is the link:-
So this is how the conversation go. Assume ‘A’ to be Flat Earth believer.
A: It is a lie. There is no other planet out there. How come we cannot see any other planet? If Earth is actually rotating how come we only see sun, star and moon almost everyday?
B: I can see other planets everyday through a device called Telescope.
A: You can only see moon and stars with your telescope.
B: I can see the moon perfectly without a telescope and I can see the sun which is a star without one too.
A: If the planet is actually very massive as shown in the video then why do you need telescope? Why do you need telescope to watch other planets when it is claimed to be bigger than the earth.
B: Yeah! You can’t see China from America. But wow! Its supposed to be so big compared to America. Because I can’t see China with my naked eye from America it can’t exist or it must be really small like you say.
C: I have seen Mars in the sky without a telescope plenty of time. You do realize how far away the planets are, right? Are you a flat earth believer as well?
A: These people lie about everything. Their claimed Moon rocks were found to be from Devon Island in Canada. Next time capture a photo and please send it to me.