José Mujica, he may look like your average farmer or grandfather, but he is anything but. As a man who truly cares about his people, he doesn’t take an obscene amount of money to just act as a politician. He donates about 90% of his $12,000 monthly salary to charities that benefit poor people and small entrepreneurs.
- It’s not uncommon to see Jose dressed like this. He doesn’t care about money and appearances, but just leading his country.
- He has literally spent his entire life fighting for his country.
- He actually is a part-time farmer. He and his wife also grow and sell flowers. He also drives a 1987 Volkswagon Beetle.
- He was a guerilla fighter that battled for the rights of the country’s citizens, was imprisoned twice and was shot 6 times after an escape attempt.
- He only has two guards positioned on his road, showing true faith in his people.